BPL 2015 T20
BPL 2015 T20 Points Table Updated Team Standings
Bangladesh Premier League T20 2015 – Season 3
- DD = Dhaka Dynamites
- RR = Rangpur Riders
- CHV = Chittagong Vikings
- CV = Comilla Victorians
- SSS = Sylhet Superstars
- BB = Barisal Bulls
BPL 2015 Points System
- In the season 3 of BPL, each team will get 2 (two) points for each match won;
- If the BPL match ended in ‘No Result’ then 1(one) point per team taking part in the match and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
- 1(one) point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
- If a BPL 2015 match lost or forfeited by a team, will get 0 (zero) points.
- Team holding the highest points shall be at the top of The team with the highest number of points shall be at the top of BPL Points Table and the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom of BPL 2015 Points Table.
- If two or more teams have an equal number of points their BPL points table positions shall be determined by the following:
a. the BPL 2015 team with the most wins in matches in the double league round will be placed in the higher position in the BPL T20 Points Table;
b. if there are BPL T20 teams with equal points and equal wins during the tournament, then in such case the team with the higher net run rate (as calculated in clause 21.12 below) will be placed in the higher position in BPL 2015 Points table team standing;
c. if the net run rate of the above BPL 2015 teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher ‘Wicket Rate'(A team’s Wicket Rate is calculated by dividing the total wicket taken by that team throughout the tournament with the total over bowled by that team throughout the tournament; i.e. wicket taken per over) will be placed in the higher position in the 2015 BPL Point Table;
d. if two BPL teams point are still equal at the end of the double league round then the BPL 2015 team standing position will be determined by drawing lots.
BPL 2015 Play-off matches
If any of the BPL 2015 Eliminator Match, Qualifier 1 or Qualifier 2 matches are tied, or there is no result, the following shall apply:
- the relevant BPL T20 2015 teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner of the match in question; and
- if conditions do not permit a Super Over within the time available to determine the winner or if the Super Over is tied, then the BPL team which, at the end of the relevant regular Tournament, finished in the higher position in the BPL Points table will be deemed the winner of the relevant play-off match.
The procedure for any Super Over shall be as set out in Appendix 6.
BPL T20 2015 Net Run Rate Calculation
- A BPL 2015 team’s net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the tournament, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the tournament.
- In BPL T20 2015 tournament, if a team being all out/innings completed in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate shall be based on the full quota of overs to which it would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
- Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes, team 1 will be accredited with team 2’s Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final Target Score for team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to team 2 to reach the target.
- In circumstances where a BPL T20 match (and the BPL points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team’s refusal to play, either by the match referee in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 20 overs of the defaulting team’s innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.
Note: The Super Over is not included in the net run rate calculation.