Points Table: ICC U19 World Cup 2016
Under19 World Cup 2016 Team Standings
16 teams of Under19 World Cup 2016 have been divided into four groups, with each group having its own set of challenges, as the stars of tomorrow tussle for glory in the 2016 ICC U19 World Cup Bangladesh.
Points Rule for ICC Under19 World Cup 2016
The first round of the ICC Under-19 World Cup 2016 is the stage, where each team in a group will play the other teams in its group once. Every group consists of fours teams each. Each victory gains the winning team two points, and after four matches, the top two sides as per Under 19 World Cup team standings will qualify for the Super League quarterfinals, while the teams finishing third and fourth will play in a Plate Championship quarterfinals.
Super League Rules for ICC Under19 World Cup 2016
The winners of the Super League quarterfinals will qualify for the Super League semifinals, while the losers will contest in the Super League play-off semifinals.
The winners of the Super League semifinals will play the final of the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2016, while the losing sides will clash in the final for the third place.
The winners of the Super League play-off semifinals will progress to the play-off final to decide the fifth and sixth placed finishers, while the losers will contest for the seven and eight places against those playing off in the Super League playoff semis loser’s final.
Plate Championship Rules for 2016 ICC U19 World Cup
The winners of the Plate Championship quarterfinals will progress to the Plate Championship semifinals, while the losing sides will clash in the Plate Championship play-off semifinals.
The winners of the Plate Championship semifinals will contest in the Plate Championship Final 2014, which will decide the ninth and tenth place finishers, while the defeated sides will play off in the Plate Semis Losers final for the 11th and 12th place.
The winners of the Plate Championship play-off semifinals will progress to the Plate play-off semis winners Final, for the 13th and14th places, while the losers playing off in the Plate play-off Semis Losers final will contest for the 15th spot.
ICC Under19 World Cup Point System (Group Matches)
The following point system will apply:
- Win 2
- Tie or no result 1
- Loss 0
In the event of teams finishing on equal points in its Group points table, the ordering of teams will be decided in the following order of priority:
- The team with the most wins in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Group matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position.
- If two or more teams are still equal, they will be ordered according to the head to head match(es) played between them. (points then net run rate in those matches).
- If the above does not resolve the Group ordering, or if all matches within a Group produce no results, then any tied teams will be ordered as per their Group seeding.
Quarter Finals of ICC Under19 World Cup 2016
If a quarter-final is tied, abandoned or if the match is a no result, then the team that finished in the higher position in the Group stage shall proceed to the semi-finals.
Semi-finals of Under-19 World Cup 2016
If a semi-final is tied, abandoned or if the match is a no result, then the team which proceeds to the final will be decided in the following order of priority:
- The team that finished in the higher position in the Group stage.
- If still equal, then the team with the higher number of points in the Group stage.
- If still equal, then the team with the higher number of wins in the Group stage.
- If still equal, then the team with the higher net run rate in all matches (both Group stage and quarter-final).
For the sake of clarity, if the match is tied but it is not possible to complete on the first day, for the purpose of this regulation the match itself has been completed. Therefore the reserve day is not used and the tie-breaker.
Final Match of Under-19 World Cup 2016
- In the event of a tied final, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner.
- If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is abandoned or a no result, the teams shall be declared joint winners.
Net Run-rate Rules of Under-19 World Cup 2016
- A team’s net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the competition.
- In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate shall be based on the full quota of overs to which it would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
- Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations.
- Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis/Stern, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2’s Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs
faced by Team 2.
- Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis/Stern having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final Target Score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
- In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team’s refusal to play, either by the match referee in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 50 overs of the defaulting team’s innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.