Bangladesh Railway Tickets Online – Get eTicket Now – www.railway.gov.bd
Bangladesh Railway eTicketing Online System
Bangladesh Railway launched online internet ticket purchase service to ease the sufferings of passengers.
Bangladesh Railway Minister Obaidul Kader unveiled the online ticketing service at the Railway Bhaban today, Tuesday May 29, 2012.
“Passengers can purchase online tickets from today and if this service is successful, then whole ticketing system will be transformed to online eTicket.” said the minister.
Bangladesh Railway (BR) would keep 10 percent of its tickets reserved for online purchase as e-tickets. 15% will be allocated for mobile. Before this, 25% of the tickets were available for mobile ticketing system.
Passengers can buy online tickets from internet by using ther Visa & Master Card, both Debit & Credit card of any bank will work online.
“2000 tickets of different destinations will be available for online purchase from Tuesday May 29.” added by managing director of Bangladesh Railway, Abu Taher.
Passengers need to buy online eTickets in 3 days advance from the actual departure date and one person can buy maximum 4 tickets against a credit/debit card for a destination for that day.
On successful completion of purchase subject to availability of desired seats, one would be able to get a printout of the ticket from his or her email address. Passengers need to submit the printer bill copy to the e-Booth of railway station to collect the actual travel ticket.
“We have setup strong security measures to stop tickets going to black market.” Abu Taher added.
Online train ticketing will help passengers spare the hassle of coming all the way to the station during working hours and waiting in long queues. And the service will also help curb the malpractice of touting train tickets.
Meanwhile, government is going to procure 200 air-conditioned train coaches from Malaysia within a year to enhance the country’s rail service capacity, said the communications minister on Tuesday
The coaches are to be of metre gauge nature, Communications Minister Obaidul Quader said in a press briefing after Malaysian Prime Minister’s special envoy Dato Seri S Samy Vellu called on him at Railway Division.
Quader, also in charge of railway ministry, said an expert team is expected to visit Bangladesh next month to ascertain their compatibility with the local rail track.
An agreement between the two governments in this regard will follow a visit of a Bangladeshi team to Malaysia, he said.
The railway sector has been ‘limping’ with age-old tracks, coaches and engines, he said adding that of 2,835 kilometres of rail track, 2,200 kilometres are metre-gauge.
On average, about 65 million passengers avail railway service in a year. Over 50,000 people travel to and from Dhaka through Kamalapur Railway Station each day.
. Step-by-step Guide .
- Need a computer or laptop with internet connection to buy Bangladesh Railway online eTicket .
- Go to following website link to find the Registration/Sign-up form – Click here to Sign-up
- Fill up the form. Enter your name, email address, address, mobile number.
- Enter the ‘Security Code’ as shown on the right side. Code is case sensitive, so enter correctly.
- Click the ‘Register’ button to complete the registration/sign-up process.
- Check your email inbox for eTicket registration confirmation.
- Go to following website link to Sign-in – Click here to Sign-in
- Enter your email address, password & security code and click ‘Login’.
- Select your travel details, including Date, Starting Station, Destination, Train Name, Number of Adult/Child passengers.
- You can buy up to maximum 4 tickets online.
- Check your total ticket price amount in taka.
- Enter your Visa Card/Master card details. Credit/debit card of any local bank is acceptable.
- Check your email for Online Ticket Purchase confirmation.
- Printout the email.
- Carry the printed copy to the station along with the mobile phone & card used to purchase the online tickets.
- Submit the printout in the e-Booth of each train station to collect the original travel ticket. e-Booth officer may verify your identity by checking your mobile number & card.
- Collect the original ticket from your train station at least 15 minutes prior to your journey.
- Bangladesh Railway Online eTicketing service is currently offered for only Resident Bangladeshi Citizens.
. Check Bangladesh Train Ticket Price Online .
. Bangladesh Railway .
Select Journey Date, Station From, Station To, Train Name, Seat Class from drop-down menu and then enter Number of Adult & Number of Child passenger(s). Finally Click on ‘Show Fare‘ button to show Bangladesh Train Ticket Price online in a popup window. (Train Ticket Price shown is including VAT & Service Charge)
More and more